I think it's a good move by Coach Gibbs, but the Skins have a ton of other issues that need to be dealt with also. The secondary stinks, for some reason our defense has forgotten how to tackle, our punter and field goal kicker suck, the offensive line is suspect, and the offensive playcalling is insane (draw, screen left, screen right, punt) 700 pages of nothing.
My personal opinion is that Gibbs should not have hired Saunders and should have kept control of the offense. If you look back at last season the offense wasn't really that bad, it was only 1 or 2 players from being really good in fact.
As a long time Redskins diehard it all goes back continuity. We spend too much on crappy free agents, we want the quick fix every offseason, and we don't build through the draft.
I long for the days of Riggo and The Hogs, but instead I'm stuck with high expectations in the spring and summer filled with unfulfilled promises year after year in the fall. I'm beginning to wonder if they'll ever win another Super Bowl in my lifetime.



Bookmarks